Hello Tomi, welcome to the blog, it’s awesome having you here.
1. Can we get to know you better?
I am a daughter of God whom He has blessed with the gift of words so I work as a screenwriter and fiction series blogger. I am also a Sport’s fan – precisely Football and Chelsea FC. I love video games and listening to music.
10 Qs with Tomi
2. Did you ever picture yourself a Writer/was it a calling from God? (please share your story)
For me, this is the only thing I’ve known how to do instinctively. You know when someone says I have a talent? This is it for me. My earliest memories of writing are from a very very young age and I just went with the flow – I enjoyed telling stories, listening to them and reading them – so the strength grew and so the innate talent was shaped into what it is today.
3. How does your faith inform your writing?
4. As a Christian, must I always write about the gospel?
As a Christian, our first duty is to draw all men unto God. So if we’re blessed to do it in words, great…some do it by talking or singing or dancing – it can be anything. Interestingly, you could be writing a political piece but life and light would still stem out of it. So I can’t exactly say what you should write or shouldn’t but the Holy Spirit is there to inspire us and give us the leading that’s needed for the higher calling.
5. Is it wrong for a Believer to make money from writing? After all, writing is a gift.
6. How do you balance the demands of writing and other responsibilities?
8. What do makes a good story in your own view?
9. What advice would you give to other writers?
What advice would you give to other writers?
10. Would you rather have a million readers and not impacting a single life or impact a life and have few readers?
Absolutely not. The main goal with writing for me is not necessarily to have a million readers – it’s to leave memories in the heart of your audience. Even if it’s one person that you achieve that for, you’ve done something. Of course, it’s nicer if you leave memories in 1 million people’s heart but you don’t have total control over the feelings of others but your first goal is to write with honesty and the necessary leading so that you’re doing the bidding of the Father, leave the rest to Him. Whether it’s one person he wants to speak to or 1,000,000 people…you’d have played a role.
Thank you so much ma for honouring the invite. I hope you guys learnt a lot cause I did.To get more from our guest, click tomiadesina.wordpress.comSee you next week. Until then, keep evolving